They are more likely to succeed in school and achieve personal goals.
They feel confident and capable in themselves and their abilities.
They are proud of the things they can do and want to try their best.
They have a sense of control over things in their life.
They can act independently.
They are able to take responsibility for their actions.
They are comfortable and secure in forming relationships.
They have the courage to make good decisions in various situations.
They try new things and master new skills.
And the list goes on…
- Teach kids a growth mindset
- Encourage kids to be independent
- Teach and celebrate diversity and uniqueness
- Help kids set and meet individual goals
- Remind kids of their strengths
- Give kids positive and descriptive feedback
- Teach and discuss resilience
- Teach kids positive self talk and affirmations
- Help kids celebrate their accomplishments
- Encourage kids to follow their passion
- Have kids reflect
If you have any other cool resources to share, please add them in the comments section below!