Name: Yvonne Rogers
Position: UE Coach at Cox Academy
While working as a teacher at Pathfinder, I was asked to help support a Cox Academy as they just entered into a partnership with. I spent 2 days a week providing academic intervention to students that had IEP’s. So, when the opportunity presented itself to me to come aboard at Cox Academy, I said YES.
Favorite Quote/Fun Fact:
- "Bless your heart, Bless my heart, Bless your stink’n heart", "Tootles McNoodles", "My heart is farting glitter", "love muffins"
- I always have love in my pocket and pass it around. Student often stop by my desk to deliver “love” that they’ve been brewing.
- I have a knack for throwing the best elementary dances.
- I love doing the end of the day pick up traffic.
- I have a vest, with patches… it’s hot pink.
There is no average day…. But a typical week would look like MEETINGS about meetings to have meetings, IEP meetings, IEP’s, emails, lunch time with Wheel of Rewards on Wednesday, many many hugs…
Why do you do this work?
My soul would shrivel up an die if I wasn’t in a place that aligned with my values. Working with humans in a healing capacity, gives me life.
What hope do you have for the future of All-In?
I would really like to see Seneca open up their own Charter School.